Thursday, April 11, 2013
Do You Think Like a Rock Star?
I came across a copy of Think Like a Rock Star: How to Create Social Media and Marketing Strategies That Turn Customers into Fans, by Mark Collier, the founder of #BlogChat (McGraw Hill Education). It does a decent job of showing how a company can leverage the power of brand evangelists. Namely, it shows how to get others to be your passionate advocate.
The core advice centers around these five principles:
1. You need to understand who your customers are, what motivates them, and what they are looking for.
2. Alter your marketing and promotional efforts to create additional value for your customers’ fans.
3. Look at the world through the eyes of your fans and customers.
4. Hunt where the animals are – in order to better connect with your customers, interact with them in their natural habitat online.
5. Let customers see behind the curtain that you are human.
Select customers see behind the curtain that you’re human. Do you market like a rock star? You might after reading this book.
Blueprint Of The Book Publicity Landscape
Book Marketing With Social Media
20 Ways To Boost Your Website Traffic
37 Ways To Get Paid For Your Words
Creating The Perfect Press Release
The Subject Line Is Your Pitch
Brian Feinblum’s views, opinions, and ideas expressed in this blog are his alone and not that of his employer, the nation’s largest book promoter. You can follow him on Twitter @theprexpert and email him at email@example.com. He feels more important when discussed in the third-person. This blog is copyrighted material by BookMarketingBuzzBlog ©2013