Thursday, December 22, 2016
Interview with Author Dr. R. Geoffrey Broderick
Compassion for Pets
1. What really inspired you to write your book, to force you from taking an idea or experience and conveying it into a book? What forced me to write the book was that I was sick and tired of seeing animals die from the lies of the veterinary industry and the pet food cartel in telling people not to feed table food leftovers and the misconception that pet food is fit for human consumption as well as animal consumption, however in most cases it is not fit for either.
2. What is it about and whom do you believe is your targeted reader? This book uncovers the dirty secrets of the commercial pet food industry and offers enlightening and insightful information regarding proper pet nutrition for both dogs and cats. This book is for everyone who has a pet or wants a pet, anyone who loves animals, and anyone who wants to be a veterinarian.
3. What do you hope will be the everlasting thoughts for readers who finish your book? What should remain with them long after putting it down? The everlasting thoughts are that pet owners have all been "had", lied to and deceived by people that they trusted and the pet food industry in general. They will remember that the book was written by a real doctor who has been practicing and is still practicing in his 48th year, who is the only practicing animal doctor in the United States who makes pet food and who has taken on his own profession (that gave him the first President's Award ever given in veterinary medicine in this country) as well as the greedy pet food cartel.
They will remember that I am a teacher and probably the only doctor of ANY kind of doctor, who has taught them how to prevent disease in the first place. One of the things I have taught them is that I was there before pet food was created, which meant, before all these diseases were even apparent.
Around 1953, the pet food industry was created and the decline in health and longevity began due to the strategic elimination by the pet food cartel and the veterinary industry to capture the sales of pet food by instructing people to stop feeding table food and that cat food was made for cats and that dog food was made for dogs, insinuating that they (the veterinarians and the pet food cartel) were experts in nutrition, which is absolutely false. But, they used their reputation as nice, gentle, helpful people who come off as likeable, believable and trustworthy to sell pet food which caused the decline of healthcare in pets and secured sickness, leading to the wealth of the veterinary and pet food industries.
So, in taking on--as gently as possible--my own veterinary industry and ferociously taking on the pet food cartel, and endangering my own health and welfare, I told people the truth. And that truth was, that the only way to reverse this--which I had done and proven--was the abolition of pet food and the immediate commencement of certified organic food, wild-caught fish and table food that you would feed your own children, that may not be organic, but is at least human-grade.
4. What advice or words of wisdom do you have for fellow writers? My advice to fellow writers is not to worry about the possible repercussions that you might get from writing the truth because if you do not write the truth quickly, there may be no one or no world left to write the book for.
5. What great challenges did you have in writing your book? The great challenge is to not be politically correct and tell the hard, factual truth. Actually, the hardest part was getting it started but with the help of the great Dr. Richard Passwater, I was able to overcome it.
6. If people can only buy one book this month, why should it be yours? My book teaches people my life experience with animals and the fact that since I was born, the animals have lost two-thirds of their lifespan. Now, if your child lost two-thirds of their lifespan along with the average child in the United States losing two-thirds of their lifespan and someone told you how to stop and reverse it, it would be the biggest seller the world has ever known and the most important. The book also teaches why I say what I say. It is a known fact that doctors in general do not explain themselves nor give a reason of why they tell us to do things. They really are saying, this is what you should do because I said so and they said so without giving an explanation of their reasoning. Maybe it is because their reasoning comes from supreme arrogance that they are doctors and everyone else is beneath them. It is just another way of inexplicable control. There isn't a week that goes by that at least one person does not call my office and say to me, "I just want to thank you. You are the only doctor in my lifetime that has explained to me why you say what you say and you are the only doctor that has ever told me how to prevent disease." In veterinary medicine it is so apparent because the doctors have never, ever, ever eaten the food that they tell the parents of their pet patients to eat.
For more info, please see: https://www.facebook.com/cornucopiapetfoods/
All-New 2017 Book Marketing & PR Toolkit
Brian Feinblum’s views, opinions, and ideas expressed in this blog are his alone and not that of his employer. You can follow him on Twitter @theprexpert and email him at email@example.com. He feels more important when discussed in the third-person. This is copyrighted by BookMarketingBuzzBlog 2016 ©. Born and raised in Brooklyn, now resides in Westchester. Named one of the best book marketing blogs by Book Baby http://blog.bookbaby.com/2013/09/the-best-book-marketing-blogs