Tuesday, May 29, 2018
What Authors Blog About Depends On Why They Blog
Authors are told by most book marketers and promoters they should blog regularly – at least once a week. So what should they blog about?
The “what” should be based on the “why.” Answer the question: Why are you blogging? Is it to:
· build your brand?
· get more website traffic?
· market your book or some other product or service?
· champion a message?
· get discovered as a writer?
All of the above? Some other reason?
Whatever your answer the blog post content should serve the why. If you want to come across as an expert, write things that showcase your expertise. If you want to sell a book, write about the book or things related to it. If you want to push a particular idea or message, only write about that.
However, if you need general ideas of what to blog about, try some of these:
· Advice about something you’re an expert in.
· Trends in your industry.
· Bold predictions.
· Demand an action be taken.
· Raise questions on something important.
· Share behind-the-scenes stories as a writer.
· Honor someone or something.
· Celebrate an anniversary, holiday, or monumental moment.
· Discuss a recent or upcoming event.
· Criticize someone in the news or leadership position.
· Preview or sneak-peek something.
· Offer a free downloadable resource
· Hold a contest.
· Provide a guest-post from someone else.
· Name a top 10 list.
· Showcase a successful incident or idea.
The key to successful blogging is:
· Writing in a consistent voice or style on a specific topic/area.
· Posting regularly and often.
· Sharing your posts through social media.
· Getting help from those who want to contribute content.
· Avoiding posting on irrelevant or off-message topics.
Blog with a purpose and focus your content to support your goals. You can write about anything, but only certain subjects will be of interest to our readers. You can’t please everyone – strive for pleasing your core fans.
DON”T MISS THESE!!!
Great advice for all book publicists and authors
The Secret To Really Getting Breakthrough Book Publicity
12 key things authors must do to promote books successfully
How authors need to go on a social media diet
The 15 ways authors can promote a book
Big Marketing Lessons From My All-Time Top 10 Blog Posts
Enjoy New 2018 Author Book Marketing & PR Toolkit -- 7th annual edition just released
Brian Feinblum’s insightful views, provocative opinions, and interesting ideas expressed in this terrific blog are his alone and not that of his employer or anyone else. You can – and should -- follow him on Twitter @theprexpert and email him at firstname.lastname@example.org. He feels much more important when discussed in the third-person. This is copyrighted by BookMarketingBuzzBlog © 2018. Born and raised in Brooklyn, he now resides in Westchester. His writings are often featured in The Writer and IBPA’s Independent. This was named one of the best book marketing blogs by Book Baby http://blog.bookbaby.com/2013/09/the-best-book-marketing-blogs and recognized by Feedspot in 2018 as one of the top book marketing blogs. Also named by WinningWriters.com as a "best resource.”