Saturday, November 12, 2016
Are Books Good Or Bad?
What does reading books potentially do for us?
· Boosts our vocabulary.
· Exposes us to new ideas and concepts.
· Informs us of facts or history.
· Inspires or enlightens us.
· Sharpens reason.
· Expands intellectual horizons.
· Stirs fantasies.
· Helps us see ourselves or the world differently.
· Makes us feel aligned with a bigger truth.
· Tests ethical scenarios.
· Educates us to become better people.
What could books do that is harmful?
· Gives us an outlet to explore bad ideas and morals.
· Encourages us to take a negative action.
· Makes us feel lousy about the world or ourselves.
· Presents an opposing viewpoint that saddens or angers us.
· Provides materials of hate, prejudice, violence or illegal activities.
Books can do so many things to so many people depending on how many books one reads – and what genres, publishers, and quality of books are in play. I would take an educated book reader to be a wonderful person but I know that there are millions of such people who are evil, amoral, and dangerous. Books alone, I guess, can’t cure the world.
Please Click On The Best Out Of 2,100 Posts
11 best author, literary agent, media interviews of the year – with an opportunity for you to be interviewedhttp://bookmarketingbuzzblog.blogspot.com/2016/11/11-best-author-literary-agent-media.html
2016 Book Marketing & Book Publicity Toolkit
2015 Book Marketing & PR Toolkit
2014 Book Marketing & PR Toolkit
Book Marketing & Book PR Toolkit: 2013
Brian Feinblum’s views, opinions, and ideas expressed in this blog are his alone and not that of his employer. You can follow him on Twitter @theprexpert and email him at firstname.lastname@example.org. He feels more important when discussed in the third-person. This is copyrighted by BookMarketingBuzzBlog 2016 ©.
Named one of the best book marketing blogs by Book Baby