- Begin by defining your audience (who are you writing for).
- Research where to find them, both online and in person.
- Decide what you are comfortable doing to reach those people then select the best methods for you based on this. Remember you can’t be all things to all people.
- Network with other writers through local writing groups and online communities to learn what they are doing.
- Select a successful book or author you want to emulate. Then dissect what they are doing right.
7. If people can only buy one book this month, why should it be yours? Ellie, the sassy, adorable, purple wiener dog touches everyone’s heart. In It’s Hard to Swim her charm will make them laugh out loud while inspiring them to believe anything is indeed possible. Along with the book, Ellie has wonderful learning activities and creative resources for children to download on her website (www.elliethewienerdog.com) and a charming plush toy that makes the “Ellie” experience very, very special.
Does Book Industry Need Its Own Snap Chat IPO?