So many authors who try their hand at blogging get frustrated that traffic for their blog is lower than they’d hoped. Well, here are 15 tips and strategies to get more eyes on your blog, which, in the end, promotes your book:
- Post often. Once a month doesn’t cut it. Shoot for weekly or semi-weekly. You need quality and quantity.
- Promote your blog posts with your social media. That means you need to share your newest post multiple times, across multiple platforms. You should also share older posts again. They are new to someone.
- Entice readers with catchy titles for each post. Raise a question. Declare something powerfully. Offer solutions to problems. Be the news that people can use.
- Include images. They add to the eye appeal and lure more readers in.
- Write on your niche and stay in your lane. Don’t write about anything and everything, just remain focused on your area of expertise, knowledge, and experience. People need to see you as an authority with expertise, passion, and reliability.
- Write for your reader. Keep their needs in mind. Give them what they believe they need and want.
- Don’t just shoot from the hip with your opinions. Do your research and thoroughly vet the information that you rely on to formulate your views.
- Write well, write often -- but edit ALWAYS. Proofread your work before it publishes.
- Position your blog’s voice or persona as one that delivers a certain style or level of content. Make it predictable, but keep it fresh.
- Share links to your prior posts in every new post. Include a few lines about who you are and list your website at the bottom of every new blog entry.
- Add a video link. They get shared by what they show, not just what you say.
- Utilize guest contributors to save you time writing new posts and to capture traffic from their followers.
- Incorporate the key words that people use to search for content like yours.
- Sponsor or boost a post on Facebook.
- Give something away on your site. Put a link to it in your blog post.
Need Book PR Help?
Brian Feinblum, the founder of this award-winning blog, can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org He is available to help authors promote their story, sell their book, and grow their brand. He has 30 years of experience in helping thousands of authors in all genres.
Catch Up With These Posts
21 Book Oddities By The Numbers https://bookmarketingbuzzblog.blogspot.com/2021/08/21-book-oddities-by-numbers.html
Do We Need Another Federal Writers Project? https://bookmarketingbuzzblog.blogspot.com/2021/08/do-we-need-another-federal-writers.html
Will You Protect Books Against Bans, Censorship, & Cancellations? https://bookmarketingbuzzblog.blogspot.com/2021/08/will-you-protect-books-against-bans.html
Authors, Blog For Profit! Now!
The Author As Entrepreneur: 17 Tips/Resources
Top 100 Book PR Blog Posts
How Do Authors Recharge A Stalled Book Marketing Campaign?
Will You Send 25 Book Marketing Emails Today?
How Should Authors Spend Their Book Marketing Dollars?
About Brian Feinblum
Brian Feinblum should be followed on Twitter @theprexpert. This is copyrighted by BookMarketingBuzzBlog ©2021. Born and raised in Brooklyn, he now resides in Westchester with his wife, two kids, and Ferris, a black lab rescue dog. His writings are often featured in The Writer and IBPA’s The Independent. This was named one of the best book marketing blogs by BookBaby http://blog.bookbaby.com/2013/09/the-best-book-marketing-blogs and recognized by Feedspot in 2018 as one of the top book marketing blogs. It was also named by WinningWriters.com as a "best resource.” He recently hosted a panel on book publicity for Book Expo America. For more information, please consult: .