THE N EFFECT– Power of Influence
1. What really inspired you to write your book, to force you from taking an idea or experience and conveying it into a book?
Several situations happened at one time to cause me to take a very personal story and make it public.
1. History was being re-written by others and I saw that it was going to be lost.
2. I attended a class reunion and was prodded to finish the book and tell the story.
3. Watching a movie titled ‘The Founder’ and sharing personal stories with family that correlated to the same time as the film. I had kept these stories to myself for a very long time.
4. I was the only person left, who could truly tell the story.
5. And in the end, I realized I wanted to pass it down to my children in written form.
2. What is it about and whom do you believe is your targeted reader?
The N Effect is a multi-genre book.
1. Historians or fans of fast food business and its origin should have a definite interest.
2. It can be the basis of a business manual with both good and bad situations to consider.
3. The N Effect is an inspiration book which can cause the reader to truly consider and ponder who influenced their life the most? It includes a story of perseverance and redemption.
3. What do you hope will be the everlasting thoughts for readers who finish your book? What should remain with them long after putting it down?
1. Others besides just our Mom, Dad or guardian can truly have a great influence on our lives.
2. Success does not equate to money or wealth. Even though my grandfather never accumulated much wealth, ego, pride and family dysfunction factored greatly into bad business decisions made. Everybody wants to be around success, but it can be fleeting.
3. Experience in an industry can lead to success.
4. History from the 1900’s can and is being lost, if we do not take the time to document it.
4. What advice or words of wisdom do you have for fellow writers?
1. Like Nike says, “Just do it.”
2. Even if it is not perfect, you have the opportunity to share.
3. I hope to build on this learning experience for not only personal financial gain, but for the sense of accomplishment and desire to persevere.
4. Don’t delay—the longer you take to complete the project, the more information can and will be lost over time.
5. What trends in the book world do you see and where do you think the book publishing industry is heading?
I am not an expert in this area for sure. But currently as an Indie author, I was able to complete a project and have a book in print and ebook format at an affordable cost or personal expense.
6. What great challenges did you have in writing your book?
I was blessed to have family support, so taking the time to do it was not really an issue. Also having Google and the Internet as a reference guide, I was able to get the book edited, formatted and printed. So I guess the biggest challenge was preparing all the source material. So much information from the 1960’s to the 1980’s was not readily accessible or easy to obtain. It took a lot of time and effort to reconstruct, even though I had a treasure trove of personal documentation. My future challenge will be the marketing, but I am in no hurry to give the book and its contents away. So to answer the question—having the patience and persistence to try different avenues to build a community and/or tribe of followers over time will probably be the final biggest challenge.
7. If people can only buy one book this month, why should it be yours?
The N Effect is hard hitting and open. A true story of family and business filled with turmoil, multiple twists and personal stories sprinkled throughout. A biography of a lost pioneer of the fast food industry: Richard “Dick” Naugle. A historical reference that examines the beginning of FAST drive-thru restaurants, including Del Taco and Naugles. The book is filled with contrarian business beliefs along with how personal life can EFFECT business decisions. Personal stories are interjected for a touch of humor. How has the Power of INFLUENCE EFFECTED your life?
A turbulent life with its ups and downs is revealed, ending with a touching story of redemption. See the whole story at www.naugles.com and participate.. If the reader wants to truly contemplate how someone can influence their lives, this book is definitely thought provoking.
If the reader has an interest in history or the foodservice business, this is a good fit.
If they want to understand how ‘Common Sense’ can play a practical role in their life, this is a chance to see it in a very basic and easy to understand format. The N Effect is a great business reference tool and it has something for everyone!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR- Starting work at an early age and from the start exposed to an icon of the fast food industry in Southern California, Bill Naugle began his life washing dishes, sweeping floors, and picking up trash in parking lots. Having worked his way through various levels of management, he migrated from restaurant, to finance, to outside sales of construction products, including becoming an ADA specialist, to finally a successful seller of new homes in the Austin, Texas area. Bill Naugle has taken the time to sit down, share some knowledge, and compile this work from documentation imparted to him by his grandfather: Dick Naugle. For more information: www.theneffect.com
DON”T MISS THESE!!!
Great book -- or great marketing?
How do you find more book reviewers?
When writers can’t find time to write and market their books
Authors really need to be SUPREME in their book marketing
How to use the right words to market your book
Best Book On Fake News Shows Us How To Defeat The Lies
Valuable Info On Book Marketing Landscape For First-Time Authors
Scores of Best-Selling Book PR Tips from Book Expo PR Panel
How should authors sell themselves?
Enjoy New 2018 Author Book Marketing & PR Toolkit -- 7th annual edition just released
Brian Feinblum’s insightful views, provocative opinions, and interesting ideas expressed in this terrific blog are his alone and not that of his employer or anyone else. You can – and should -- follow him on Twitter @theprexpert and email him at email@example.com. He feels much more important when discussed in the third-person. This is copyrighted by BookMarketingBuzzBlog © 2018. Born and raised in Brooklyn, he now resides in Westchester. His writings are often featured in The Writer and IBPA’s Independent. This was named one of the best book marketing blogs by Book Baby http://blog.bookbaby.com/2013/09/the-best-book-marketing-blogs and recognized by Feedspot in 2018 as one of the top book marketing blogs. Also named by WinningWriters.com as a "best resource.” He recently hosted a panel on book publicity for Book Expo America and participated in a PR panel at the Sarah Lawrence College Writers Institute Conference.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.