2. What is it about and whom do you believe is your targeted reader? My targeted readers are women 30-80 years old. The core mystery is a piece of microfiche the main character Mackenzie (Mac) discovers in an old Russian ruble coin. Hiding microfiche in coins was an espionage tactic from World War II, and Mac learns that it contains part of a formula that could be used in bio-terrorism... or possibly, as a tool against it. The film/microfiche is just a fragment of a larger document, but it’s clear that this decades-old secret is something that could do either great good or great harm. Killers are after Mac to get the film, and a shadowy figure is watching her back and protecting her from harm, giving her the chance to solve the mystery.
3. What do you hope will be the everlasting thoughts for readers who finish your book? What should remain with them long after putting it down? I hope my readers will get some insight into what it was like going to a boarding school in Paris and living in Europe. I hope this will eventually become a TV series as there are a lot of stories to share and this is just the beginning.
4. What advice or words of wisdom do you have for fellow writers? Don't give up! It's a lot of hard work and research, but one will experience a great sense of accomplishment when it is finished.
5. What trends in the book world do you see and where do you think the book publishing industry is heading? I see a big trend going towards self-publishing as well as self-marketing and promotion, especially via social media channels.
6. What great challenges did you have in writing your book? It was a real trip down memory lane and remembering all the fun time my friends and I had eluding the very strict nuns. The challenge was to weave these memories into an espionage/thriller and picking up where my first novel “Anna's Secret Legacy” left off.
7. If people can only buy one book this month, why should it be yours? “Mackenzie’s Secret” is a fun read that gives us a sense of life in Paris during the height of the Vietnam War. The characters are interesting with very different backgrounds. The forbidden love affair is intriguing along with the espionage and the covert operations.