Saturday, October 8, 2016
Interview with Author Anne Wilson Schaef, PhD, DHL
Author of: There Will Be a Thousand Years of Peace and Prosperity and They Will Be Ushered in By The Women: The Essential Role of Women in Finding Personal and Planetary Solutions
1. What inspired you to write your book? I have been thinking about this book for many years and after my first book, Women’s Reality, When Society Becomes an Addict, a New York Times bestseller and nominated for best political book of the year and millions of books in print, I knew it was time. The title was spoken to me in the 1970’s by the great Lakota Spiritual Leader, Frank Fools Crow.
2. What is it about? t is about the absolutely essential role women and native people need to play in developing an alternative to the dysfunctional dominant system we now have on this planet.
3. What do you hope will be the everlasting thoughts for readers who finish your book? That there are other, more functional and healthy ways to organize ourselves than those that have been created and dominated by men. That our problems are systemic – not just personal.
4. What advice do you have for writers? I occasionally do workshops for writers called “Becoming the Writer You Are.” Writers are people who have to write. If you deeply want to write, you are a writer. Trust your instincts, and get a good editor.
5. Where do you think the book publishing industry is heading? I don’t make predictions and I know there are so many people who love books. I want to be a part of keeping it alive and publishing good books.
6. What challenges did you have in writing your book? Myself – trusting the process and not pushing, and the publishing process. The writing was easy. Having to fit into the dominant culture mold – not so much.
7. If people can only buy one book this month, why should it be yours? Because it is so, so important. I have never said this about my other books when they came out.
For more information, please consult: www.annewilsonschaef.com
Please Click On The Best Out Of 2,100 Posts
2016 Book Marketing & Book Publicity Toolkit
2015 Book Marketing & PR Toolkit
2014 Book Marketing & PR Toolkit
Book Marketing & Book PR Toolkit: 2013
Brian Feinblum’s views, opinions, and ideas expressed in this blog are his alone and not that of his employer. You can follow him on Twitter @theprexpert and email him at firstname.lastname@example.org. He feels more important when discussed in the third-person. This is copyrighted by BookMarketingBuzzBlog 2016 ©.