Sunday, October 8, 2017
Interview with Author John Poothullil MD
Diabetes: The Real Cause and the Right Cure. 8 Steps to Reverse Your Diabetes in 8 Weeks
1. What really inspired you to write your book, to force you from taking an idea or experience and conveying it into a book? I am a retired MD, having practiced medicine for 30 years in Texas. During my practice, I became interested in why people gain weight. This led to me study hunger, satiation, and body metabolism. From there, I became interested in the medical research on diabetes. In the past 20 years, I have researched Type 2 diabetes and have come to conclusion that the medical theory of “insulin resistance” as the cause of high blood sugar and type 2 diabetes is incorrect. The theory is illogical and inconsistent. In my research, I saw that another normal body metabolism can completely account for high blood sugar. This led me to understand that the REAL cause of diabetes is related to the consumption of grains, like wheat, corn, rice, oats, and the flours made from those grains. These produce enormous amounts of glucose in the body, far more than people can burn for energy. People can only store a certain amount of that excess glucose, and once you fill your fat cells, the excess glucose remains in the bloodstream in the form of fatty acids that muscles begin burning. That is a normal body metabolism—muscles burning fatty acids—but when it happens all the time, it causes some excess glucose to remain in the bloodstream, hence high blood sugar and eventually diabetes.
My explanation for high blood and diabetes explains why diabetes is on the rise in every country where grains are becoming a larger portion of the diet. It explains why younger and younger teens are developing diabetes. It explains why some pregnant women develop gestational diabetes and lose it within days after giving birth. The insulin resistance theory cannot explain these facts.
My goal in writing and publishing this book is that I truly want to change how the medical profession treats Type 2 diabetes. I want to help the public reverse their diabetes, which is perhaps the 3rd highest cause of death in the world. My book will open eyes about how people can easily reverse diabetes by a simple change in their diet – avoiding grains as much as possible. My book also warns people with diabetes that insulin injections—so commonly used to control blood sugar – are actually dangerous. Insulin actually promotes hunger, so you eat more. Insulin is also a growth promoter for cancer cells. This is why there is a high correlation between diabetes and the development of cancer.
Humans were not intended to eat grains as we do now. My book teaches people how they can permanently rethink their approach to food, eating fresh foods, avoiding grains, and eating mindfully. I spell out 8 steps that people can easily do to reverse an existing case of diabetes or high blood sugar. In following my recommendations, I believe that my book can reduce the incidence of diabetes by literally millions of people.
2. What is it about and whom do you believe is your targeted reader? My targeted readers in this book are people who have Type 2 diabetes, especially those who are treating it with insulin injections. Increasing the insulin production in your body makes no sense if you are insulin resistant. As stated above, insulin is dangerous and can lead to cancer. Insulin injections may control blood sugar, but they do not hold off the complications of diabetes. The only way to protect your health is to reverse your diabetes by changing your diet and avoiding grains.
3. What do you hope will be the everlasting thoughts for readers who finish your book? What should remain with them long after putting it down? First, I want my readers to understand the science behind diabetes, as it is important to have a clear idea why insulin resistance makes no sense, and how the consumption of grains alters the normal body metabolism to create the conditions for high blood sugar and diabetes. Second, I want readers to see how easy it can be to alter their diet to avoid grains and take other steps to connect with their authentic weight and a live a healthier lifestyle. I have spelled out 8 steps to reverse diabetes in 8 weeks, which is entirely possibly by following my recommendations. People can lower their blood sugar to normal ranges, and literally stop taking diabetes medications, while avoiding the serious complications of having diabetes for the rest of their life.
4. What advice or words of wisdom do you have for fellow writers? I have greatly enjoyed working with a professional editor, designer, and publishing company. I would highly recommend my publisher.
5. What great challenges did you have in writing your book? It takes a lot of expertise to determine how to translate the science of complex medical issues such as diabetes into language that the lay audience can read and understand. I have therefore learned a lot about how to make scientific information more easily understandable to average consumers. But again, here is where having a great editor helps. I am working on a new book about cancer now, as well, and I am applying this learning to that book.
6. If people can only buy one book this month, why should it be yours? If anyone has Type 2 diabetes, my book will be completely life-changing for them. Diabetes is a life-threatening condition and should not be taken lightly. My book will help people reverse their diabetes and lower their blood sugar, which is the only way to avoid the long-term complications of diabetes.
Could the media think your pitch about your book is bullshit?
How do authors generate article ideas to promote their books?
What does it really take to land on a best-seller list?
Can you sell 10 copies of your book every day?
Great book PR lessons from kids, clergy, women, contractors & sportscasters
How do authors get on TV?
Here’s the 2017 Author Book PR & Marketing Toolkit
Brian Feinblum’s views, opinions, and ideas expressed in this blog are his alone and not that of his employer. You can follow him on Twitter @theprexpert and email him at email@example.com. He feels more important when discussed in the third-person. This is copyrighted by BookMarketingBuzzBlog 2017©. Born and raised in Brooklyn, now resides in Westchester. Named one of the best book marketing blogs by Book