- Testing ideas before publishing a book. Query others on your book idea. Publish a few articles on the subject matter and see what type of reception they receive.
- Where possible, find a sponsor or investor who can cover your costs and contribute resources to help you get published.
- Before you strike out on your own, solicit literary agents and book publishers. Even if they don’t agree to work with you, take their feedback into consideration.
- Give yourself a chance to succeed by doing things – the right way. Stick to deadlines and work at marketing and publicity way before pre-launch. Build up your social media platform, research groups to sell to, schedule book signings, and seek out reviews early enough to get them.
- Be willing to compromise to meet the needs of the marketplace. For instance, don’t be so attached to a book title that means something to you but confuses others.
- Price your book appropriately.
- Where possible, do a shorter book rather than longer.
- Be aware of competing titles and make yours unique, better, or different.
- Get testimonials from known entities.
Yes, this is how you get your book reviewed
What is the payoff for authors to getting a million clicks?