When you are thinking about marketing your book, and an idea occurs to you about what you could do to promote your book or enhance your brand, what do you do?
· Further contemplate if it is a good idea?
· Continue to ponder how you would act on it?
· Dismiss it for reasons out of your control?
· Seek the advice of those in the know?
· Look to friends and family to affirm or destroy it?
· Develop plans to take action on it?
· Conduct research on the idea?
· Test it out on a small scale?
· Weigh it against all other possibilities?
· Brainstorm to get lots of ideas?
· Evaluate all of the ideas to find the best ones?
· Take action immediately?
· Judge or filter ideas through a particular prism?
· ID what is needed to act on them?
· Take small action steps?
· Set a timeline to execute the idea?
· Figure out who can help or assist you?
· Analyze the potential risk-reward?
· Figure out what kind of cash flow is initially needed to support it?
I have ideas hit me all of the time. I simply write them down on scrap paper or email myself a note. Some people will use the Notes function on their phone or keep a file on their computer. Many will dedicate a notebook to store their ideas. How you record them doesn’t matter as much as you going back to look at them, and if course nothing beats taking action on some of those ideas.
What do you do with your book marketing ideas? What will you do?
Please Contact Me For Help
Brian Feinblum, the founder of this award-winning blog, can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org He is available to help authors promote their story, sell their book, and grow their brand. He has 30 years of experience in successfully helping thousands of authors in all genres.
Catch Up With These Posts
The Perfect Daily Book Marketing Plan
The Most Popular Author Interviews of the Year! Learn What 32 Writers Say About Book Publishing – and Their Books.
Will You Play Author Squid Games?
Will You Take A Writer’s Oath?
About Brian Feinblum
Brian Feinblum should be followed on Twitter @theprexpert. This is copyrighted by BookMarketingBuzzBlog ©2021. Born and raised in Brooklyn, he now resides in Westchester with his wife, two kids, and Ferris, a black lab rescue dog. His writings are often featured in The Writer and IBPA’s The Independent. This was named one of the best book marketing blogs by BookBaby http://blog.bookbaby.com/2013/09/the-best-book-marketing-blogs and recognized by Feedspot in 2018 as one of the top book marketing blogs. It was also named by WinningWriters.com as a "best resource.” He recently hosted a panel on book publicity for Book Expo America. For more information, please consult: linkedin.com/in/brianfeinblum.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.