1. What motivated you to write your book, to force you from taking an idea or experience and turning it into this book? And the great words of Mickey Howard experience is a teacher it was the experience of speaking to many of women around the world who don’t know how or who are stuck with the headache of finding someone for companionship relationships or marriage hearing the stories and come to the realization that they are doing dating or wrong times have changed and the way you date Hass to change as well all concepts in a new day does not work and dating the book is designed to change how you think about dating.
2. What is it about and who is it for? The book is about finding love if that’s what you desire amongst a world that has changed and evolved in courting Netflix and chill ghosting swipe left swipe right has change the trajectory about dating it is taking the fun and excitement out of fellowship the book is to teach you how to enjoy it and have patience but to be careful in your search the book is to help you discover flaws that you have created in dating that has made some live single but in silence because the thought of dating has turned into disgust.
3. What takeaways might the reader will be left with after reading it? Self-discovery is one of the main lessons you have to learn in this book however you must do the exercise so you could find out where you have gone wrong in the world of dating it is to help you understand that you have to take away from reading this book red flags flaws and you have become comfortable in your singleness perhaps that has made you become so independent until you are comfortable in your own space it is a book of self-discovery even going back when you do the assignments in the book to allow a person to go back and read the notes that they wrote. After reading the book going through a few dating experiences you can go back and find where you went wrong and apply what you have learned to do it right the next time.
4. How did you decide on your book’s title and cover design? The books title and cover go ahead and hand it is almost self-explanatory a needle in the haystack it simply is a vision of what the wonderful world of dating disasters happen to be it is searching through a pile of rubble trying to come up with something almost finding a Eureka or a unicorn amongst a bunch of mess it became self-explanatory when you open up the pages of the book and find the reason you had to look for the needle it is an impossible search but it can be obtainable with patients time and Searching and a little bit of help.
5. What advice or words of wisdom do you have for fellow writers? I want my readers to get an understanding the understanding is anything worth having is worth fighting for I want readers to understand that you are worth fighting for and even if you don’t find your needle at least enjoy yourself during the search I want you to put the fun back in fellowship I also want you to stop saying dating you in fellowship it simply means that someone is going along life‘s journey with you and based upon the connection they will go to the final destination or get off at the stop you decide have fun while you are sailing.
6. What trends in the book world do you see -- and where do you think the book publishing industry is heading? I don’t like to use the word trend but I’ll answer your question everyone is writing because people have something they need to say so the trend is now continuously trending because the voices will never stop the book publishing industry can publish anyone’s voice but I believe it’s heading in the direction we’re people just don’t want to be heard people want understanding behind words that they share with an audience I believe that publishers have to be connected to the speaker to help the words come to life with the character behind the writer
7. What challenges did you overcome to write this book? The last book that I wrote the death of the angry black woman came with two things the last name that I despise in a relationship that I detested so I wrote from a place of pain which made that book easy because I had to get it out with a warning to anyone that was in my shoes this book the challenges was allowing the reader to understand that you can love again because in this book not only was it a new book but I wrote from a very beautiful chapter in my life loving again I don’t believe that the challenge was writing. I believe the challenge was to receive to let the reader understand that from that book to this one the possibility of loving again is very obtainable I wrote this book overcoming the pain from my past but I did not let it cripple my future and in the pages of this book I write with my future.
8. How would you describe your writing style? Writing styles is so different but I would love my riding style to really take root of my words and the root of my blackness as a African American woman writing to a vast African American reader everyone can read the book but everyone cannot understand the language behind the book your verbiage and your lexicon comes from culture it comes from experience but it comes from a style all the riders on I’ll call myself a writer of realness because everyone should be able to relate. Even though I am an African-American woman pain has no color experience has no boundaries and words become can become relevant to humanity.
9. If people can buy or read one book this week or month, why should it be yours? I believe it should be a needle in a haystack because everyone desires some sort of relationship whether it be marriage companionship travel buddy or someone that you have an understanding with that we can do things together and understand it can build or break a friendship they are rules to dating that’s why they called a dating game and you must know how to play it this is a guideline to help you in your social life especially if you are getting back into socializing whether you are single married divorced or widowed they are rules of engagement to fellowship and this is going to open up your mindset to help you do it safely with peace with fun and hopefully avoiding heartbreak by showing you the red flags to keep your heart intact while you are having fun enjoy yourself take it for what it is and if it is meant to be anything else you both will have an understanding because you know how to finally master the game.
About the Author: Jameliah Gooden and her husband Fred are pastors at Unity Church of Charlotte, in Charlotte, North Carolina. She is also the host of the world-renowned Facebook Live show Car Chronicles Movement, with over 500,000 followers. You can also find the Goodens together on Facebook for their “Coupling” series, where they discuss solutions for maintaining healthy relationships. Jameliah’s best-selling self-help book, The Death of the Angry Black Woman, addresses the stereotypes Black women face and uncovers the seeds that lead many to live anger-filled lives.
Contact For Help
Brian Feinblum, the founder of this award-winning blog, can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org He is available to help authors promote their story, sell their book, and grow their brand. He has 30 years of experience in helping thousands of authors in all genres.
Catch Up With These Posts
Will You Play Author Squid Games?
Can Authors Sell Books Doing This?
Do You Have A Daily Book Marketing Plan?
Will You Take A Writer’s Oath?
Which Social Media Platform Should Authors Use?
Authors, Why Don’t You Have A Business Card Or A Website?
Market Your Book As If Running A Marathon
Are Poor Book Sales Preventable?
How Should Authors Answer The Social Media Question?
About Brian Feinblum
Brian Feinblum should be followed on Twitter @theprexpert. This is copyrighted by BookMarketingBuzzBlog ©2021. Born and raised in Brooklyn, he now resides in Westchester with his wife, two kids, and Ferris, a black lab rescue dog. His writings are often featured in The Writer and IBPA’s The Independent. This was named one of the best book marketing blogs by BookBaby http://blog.bookbaby.com/2013/09/the-best-book-marketing-blogs and recognized by Feedspot in 2018 as one of the top book marketing blogs. It was also named by WinningWriters.com as a "best resource.” He recently hosted a panel on book publicity for Book Expo America. For more information, please consult: linkedin.com/in/brianfeinblum.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.