Authors need to execute a book marketing plan. This is not in dispute.
What each author chooses to put into that plan is up to him or her, dependent upon their goals, resources, and opportunities. In order to tackle that marketing plan, things need to be done on a daily basis.
How will you manage your marketing?
Live by these three mantras:
· Hold yourself accountable.
· Set daily goals.
· Review progress/results on a regular basis.
Here is my approach to running my day -- any day, every day. I build my schedule around 10 types of activities that can come up. Feel free to copy what I do if it works for you, but make sure you dedicate enough time every day to facilitate your marketing plan.
· Primary —take care of what is urgent or important.
· Secondary —- tend to something that needs attention but isn't yet a problem.
· Experiment — research, explore, and try new things.
· Get ahead of the curve— do extra now so that you free yourself up later.
· Plant seeds — to avoid falling behind, do something that keeps you on track for the future.
· Organize— do paperwork. catch up on Emails, pay bills, do your scheduling.
· Maintenance— change or improve existing content.
· Development — build content/product/services.
· Flex time — handle what suddenly comes up and wasn't planned for.
· Fun time — earn a break and take it.
Then, think about which big activities you shall do today. Will you tackle activities related to creating, improving, or expanding? Here is the big dozen:
1. Speaking Events
2. Social Media
3. Advertising Online
4. News Media
5. Paid Reviews
7. Writing A Book
8. Sales Venue/Distributor/Partner (Bulk sales)
9. Charity Link
10. Web Site
There you have it. Spend your time and money wisely, but spend it on book marketing so that you can sell books and live a successful writing life.
Please Contact Me For Help
Brian Feinblum, the founder of this award-winning blog, can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org He is available to help authors promote their story, sell their book, and grow their brand. He has 30 years of experience in successfully helping thousands of authors in all genres.
Catch Up With These Posts
Will You Play Author Squid Games?
Market Your Book As If Running A Marathon
Will You Take A Writer’s Oath?
About Brian Feinblum
Brian Feinblum should be followed on Twitter @theprexpert. This is copyrighted by BookMarketingBuzzBlog ©2021. Born and raised in Brooklyn, he now resides in Westchester with his wife, two kids, and Ferris, a black lab rescue dog. His writings are often featured in The Writer and IBPA’s The Independent. This was named one of the best book marketing blogs by BookBaby http://blog.bookbaby.com/2013/09/the-best-book-marketing-blogs and recognized by Feedspot in 2018 as one of the top book marketing blogs. It was also named by WinningWriters.com as a "best resource.” He recently hosted a panel on book publicity for Book Expo America. For more information, please consult: .