1. What really inspired you to write your book, to force you from taking an idea or experience and conveying it into a book? Few knew the man behind The Godfather like I did. In a world that often lacks many “happily ever-afters,” our twenty-year love affair was a real life fairy tale. He told me our relationship saved his life. For me, it turned many of my dreams into reality. I think many will be surprised to learn that the creator of the most romantic patriarchy ever was a truly kind, humble and one who believed in the value of all people..especially women.
2. What is it about and whom do you believe is your target reader? Me & Mario is for anyone interested in love, power, relationships or writing. This story follows my own journey from a divorced single mom and nurse to a best-selling author while revealing insights into love, intimacy and life with one of the world’s greatest storytellers, Mario Puzo.
3. What do you hope will be the everlasting thoughts for readers who finish your book? What should remain with them long after putting it down? That even in this world of inequality, there are strong gentle men who will stand alongside strong women. That relationships can improve even the best of us, if we are committed to truth and growth.
4. What advice or words of wisdom do you have for fellow writers? Be authentic, keep at it -Tell your story, use your voice, and know that by putting your words on paper, you make your story real. When you find yourself blocked consider that you are gathering more info that might not be ready to be shared yet. Remember there is divine timing. What doesn’t work now may in years that follow. Know that your gift is your vision..or how you see things.
5. What trends in the book world do you see and where do you think the book publishing industry is heading? There is a lot of easily accessible information at our fingertips on television and on the internet these days making it difficult to stand out in such a crowded space so I think the trend and the key for writers is to moving towards giving readers something they can easily digest that they cannot find anywhere else. Audiobooks are also a great way for writers to take their work and transform it into a new medium for the very busy everyday person to enjoy. I also think that if we can reach a certain level of intimacy with the reader built on trust readers will still read to learn and escape.
6. What challenges did you overcome to write your book? Writing about the life Mario and I shared was like reliving our life together all over again - the process was glorious and excruciating at the same time. I also had to get over my fears that my written portrayal of a great man would pale in comparison to who he really was. I had to fight against the worry that the book would not do Mario justice. The biggest challenge was moving forward hoping I could accurately reveal the character of the multifaceted and very private man I loved so much. Also, I was concerned that people loved the Godfather and I wanted to show that the man was truly even greater than the myth.
7. If people can only buy one book this month, why should it be yours? In writing Me & Mario, it was my hope that anyone who picked it up would find something that interested them - the book takes you on a journey with me and Mario as we travel around the world, it shares insights into Hollywood, and tips for aspiring writers from Mario himself. It’s also a pretty timely read with The Godfather III edited release coming to theaters in December because my book reveals Mario’s preferred ending for The Godfather III. It will be interesting to see whether the new release finally brings Mario’s vision to life and to theaters on the big screen. I guess if they could only buy one book, this is a book that is a map for couples in the relationship journey which is even more difficult than ever as well as a hopeful encouragement for writers when we are told that readers can’t pay attention to books any longer.
About the Author: Carol Gino, RN, MA is the author or co-author of over eight books, including Los Angeles Times and New York Times bestsellers. Gino launched her writing career when she unleashed a Pandora’s box exposing the darkest indignities nurses and patients have endured for centuries in a blockbuster exposé titled, The Nurse’s Story. Gino started her own publishing house, Starwater Press Ltd. in 1987 to publish spiritual books and recordings long before they were in the mainstream consciousness, and later launched aah-ha! Books in 1996 to offer her more mainstream titles to the public. Gino was the longtime companion of acclaimed writer of The Godfather, Mario Puzo. In her latest memoir, Me & Mario, Gino chronicles the couple’s intimate journey and creative collaboration over 20 years of love, mentorship, and fiery wit. In Me and Mario, Carol shares with readers Mario’s preferred alternate ending for the 1990 film, The Godfather III. Gino currently offers several programs for writers and healers as well as one-on-one coaching focused on crisis intervention, soul development, writer workshops, and therapeutic uses of the Ray Chart, among other topics. Please see: www.CarolGino.com.
Please Contact Me For Help
Brian Feinblum, the founder of this award-winning blog, can be reached at email@example.com He is available to help authors promote their story, sell their book, and grow their brand. He has 30 years of experience in successfully helping thousands of authors in all genres.
Happy Holidays! A gift for you!
Can Even Best-Selling Authors Feel Insignificant?
There is hope for the undersold!
Free 2022 Bestselling Book Marketing & PR E-Book For Writers
The Most Popular Author Interviews of the Year! Learn What 32 Writers Say About Book Publishing – and Their Books.
Book Publishing Predictions & Trends For 2022
How Will An Aging America Impact Book Sales?
21 Free Ways To Promote Your Book Now
How To Advertise Your Book Successfully
Just What Does It Take To Sell Books?
How Authors Should Promote Shamelessly
About Brian Feinblum
Brian Feinblum should be followed on Twitter @theprexpert. This is copyrighted by BookMarketingBuzzBlog ©2021. Born and raised in Brooklyn, he now resides in Westchester with his wife, two kids, and Ferris, a black lab rescue dog. His writings are often featured in The Writer and IBPA’s The Independent. This was named one of the best book marketing blogs by BookBaby http://blog.bookbaby.com/2013/09/the-best-book-marketing-blogs and recognized by Feedspot in 2018 as one of the top book marketing blogs. It was also named by WinningWriters.com as a "best resource.” He recently hosted a panel on book publicity for Book Expo America. For more information, please consult: .