Sometimes, a self-help approach to book marketing is needed. That means setting goals, making changes, and feeling inspired to improve, grow, and become better at the act of book promotions.
The strategies of good book marketing of course are important to know and practice, but before you can do anything you must transform your mindset.
Here are 17 suggestions for anyone seeking to improve their book marketing:
- Ignore the naysayers, critics, or people who suggest that your book will go nowhere. Believe in yourself and your book.
- Decide that no one or nothing can stop you. Make a real strong effort and ignore the speed bumps.
- Set SMART goals for your book marketing – your goals should be Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Timely.
- Know that only you are in charge of your activities and attitude. No one needs to give you permission to succeed.
- Choose between being reactionary to events or initiating things. One waits for things to happen; the other creates his or her own opportunities.
- Explore new ideas and opportunities every day
- Learn from failure or when things don’t work out as planned.
- Don’t hold off from trying something new or challenging. Nothing will ever be 100% guaranteed to succeed. You need to take the plunge without everything lined up perfectly. Don’t wait until you think you are ready.
- Believe that you can do it, that you can succeed. Positivity will fuel productively -- and that will create success.
- Ditch a bad habit today. And a good one. Do the same tomorrow and the day after that. Get out of a routine of mediocrity.
- Determine your long-term goals, divide them into short-term steps, and hack away every day at them.
- You don’t compete against other authors. You collaborate with them. You compete only against yourself.
- Don’t be so quick to give up.
- Being productive is the goal -- not just too be busy.
- Failure is necessary to succeed. You need to take risks and push yourself further. No playing it safe.
- Stay focused, persistent, and determined on what you are doing.
why you are doing what you are doing. We fight harder when we are driven
by a goal.
Brian Feinblum, the founder of this
award-winning blog, can be reached at email@example.com He is available to
help authors promote their story, sell their book, and grow their brand. He has
30 years of experience in successfully helping thousands of authors in all
Happy Holidays! A gift for
Don’ts, & Maybes For Authors
Do Authors Handle Failure?
The Future Of Book Publishing?
Should You Do To Promote Your Book?
You A Book Marketer or a Writer?
Messages That Sell Lots of Books
Reasons Why Someone Buys Your Book
A Lifetime Book Marketing Timeline For Authors
Ask Me Anything About Book Marketing
22 Things Authors Should Do In 2022
Authors: Obey The 10 Golden Rules
Most Popular Author Interviews of the Year! Learn What 32 Writers Say About
Book Publishing – and Their Books.
About Brian Feinblum
Brian Feinblum should be followed on Twitter @theprexpert. This
is copyrighted by BookMarketingBuzzBlog ©2022. Born and raised in Brooklyn, he
now resides in Westchester with his wife, two kids, and Ferris, a black lab
rescue dog. His writings are often featured in The Writer and
IBPA’s The Independent. This was named one of the best book
marketing blogs by BookBaby http://blog.bookbaby.com/2013/09/the-best-book-marketing-blogs and recognized by Feedspot in 2018
as one of the top book marketing blogs. It was also named by WinningWriters.com
as a "best resource.” He recently hosted a panel on book publicity
for Book Expo America. For more information, please consult: .