Tuesday, October 6, 2015
Interview With Author Dr. Steven Bentley
Author of: A License to Heal: Random Memories of an ER Doctor
1. What inspired you to write your book? I wanted to share the stories of ordinary people with common (often devastating) emergencies, unlike the "Hollywood" stereotype of semi-heroic doctors treating patients with unusual, exotic diseases.
3. What are four take-always we need to know about it? 1. Stay calm and focused or the patient will lose! 2. Malpractice is a game! Do not be ashamed if you're sued. 3. Patients are often less than truthful about their health condition for a variety of reasons including - unaware, lawyers, work, attention, drug-seeking. 4. Emergency Medicine is an extremely rewarding, but challenging endeavor.
4. What challenges did you overcome to pen it? Emotionally difficult to revisit many of the old cases I worked on.
5. What do you miss about working in the ER? I miss the patients. I miss the exhilaration of saving a life!
6. What can be done to fix the veterans' VA health care system? The system is broken beyond repair! In my opinion, since most of the treatment is for routine health issues, it should be merged with the existing public healthcare system and save the VA for true war-related injuries and rehabilitation.
7. Any advice for struggling writers? Find an issue or story that motivates you and make yourself write it down on paper.
Brian Feinblum’s views, opinions, and ideas expressed in this blog are his alone and not that of his employer. You can follow him on Twitter @theprexpert and email him at email@example.com. He feels more important when discussed in the third-person. This is copyrighted by BookMarketingBuzzBlog © 2015
DON'T MISS THESE POSTS
The 7 Tenets of Author Branding
Promote your book to the selfie culture of today
How to make a blog post go viral – or at least get opened
How to connect your book to the news
Explore a guided tour through the English language
Get The Writer’s Legal Guide – Very Helpful
Don’t say this to the media when promoting your book
Free newswires can help promote books and author brands