Laura J. Brandao is the president and only woman partner of American Financial Resources, a national mortgage company. With many business and mortgage awards to her credit, Laura is a coveted speaker and panelist, who inspires audiences and shares her infectious passion to fulfill her life purpose - to inspire, encourage and empower people to rise up to be their best selves, so they can live their greatest lives. For more information, please see: https://laurabrandao.com
Here is an interview with the author:
1. What motivated you to write your book, to force you from taking an idea or experience and turning it into a book? I realized that although I have an amazing life – I married my high-school sweetheart, I raised two wonderful men and I built a successful business – BUT in doing so, I kept very inside my world. So, I decided to start saying YES to situations that I normally wouldn’t. It all started with being asked to moderate a panel discussion at a conference. Then in July, 2019, I decided to start my Say YES Everyday blog. At the end of everyday, I reflect on what I said yes to that day. The biggest thing that I learned is that if you go into every situation with no preconceived notions or expectations you can do ANYTHING! My life changed so much when I opened up and started saying yes, I wanted to share my experience with others, so they could experience the same thing!
2. What is it about and who is it for? Say YES Everyday! shares what I have learned about living with intention and positivity. It’s really a self-guided tour for everybody – everybody who wants more out of life, everybody who struggles with their own power to shine, really everybody who ever feels they are going through the motions living day to day. I want them to realize they were born with everything they need. I want to help readers find their own light, and set their own lives aflame!
3. What do you hope the reader will be left with after reading it? I want them to discover and share their own personal superpower! I want readers to understand they are not competing with each other, that they are unique beings meant to share their unique gifts with the world. They are not here to compare themselves to others, but to share their gifts with others. The world is waiting.
4. What advice or words of wisdom do you have for fellow writers? This is my first solo book, and I would tell other writers to “trust yourself!” Know your why and trust that your message is worth sharing, in your words. Quiet the negative voices by reminding yourself why you are writing what you are writing. Keep going back to your why.
5. What trends in the book world do you see -- and where do you think the book publishing industry is heading? It is easier to self-publish now than it ever has been. I see more opportunities for more people to share their voices.
6. What challenges did you overcome to write this book? I actually started writing my book two years ago, but realized my story wasn’t really ready yet. This book could not be written yet, because the message wasn’t ready yet. I had to pause for Say YES Everyday to really come to fruition in my own life as a guidepost. Know your message, but you will have to go through your own process. Writing my book was like having a baby. I was excited, and was looking forward to its arrival, but it wasn’t ready in the beginning. I had to be patient and go through the development process.
7. If people can buy or read one book this week or month, why should it be yours? Say YES Everyday! empowers readers to make a mindset shift that is life-altering. You gotta be open to it, but committing to say “YES!” everyday will open doors that change how you see yourself and your destiny.
Authors Have Many Reasons To Give Up – But They Shouldn’t
Why Authors Don’t Get What They Want
Writers Need To Be Nurtured, From Teens to Octogenarians
How Can Authors Market More Efficiently?
Are You A Book Marketing Badass?
Authors Need to Know Why They Write Books
How Authors Should Build A Platform
Brian Feinblum, the founder of BookMarketingBuzzBlog, can be reached at email@example.com. You can – and should -- follow him on Twitter @theprexpert. This is copyrighted by BookMarketingBuzzBlog ©2021. Born and raised in Brooklyn, he now resides in Westchester with his wife, two kids, and Ferris, a black lab rescue dog. His writings are often featured in The Writer and IBPA’s The Independent. This was named one of the best book marketing blogs by BookBaby http://blog.bookbaby.com/2013/09/the-best-book-marketing-blogs and recognized by Feedspot in 2018 as one of the top book marketing blogs. Also named by WinningWriters.com as a "best resource.” He recently hosted a panel on book publicity for Book Expo America. For more information, please consult: .