All of book marketing really boils down to a handful of factors. It starts with authors reaching out – to potential readers, consumers, stores, media, groups – and seeking to develop a relationship.
Marketing your book boils down to achieving a series of yesses:
· Yes, you can email me
· Yes, we can be connected on social media.
· Yes I will read a blog or newsletter.
· Yes to clicking on something free.
· Yes to attending your event.
· Yes to buying your book.
One action, seemingly harmless and hopefully useful, leads to another. You stay in front of people on a consistent, regular basis, through different touch points, and when someone needs your book, they think of you.
You sell who you are and promote yourself based on these 10 factors:
· Experience: years in your field; degrees; events that happened to you
· Popularity: how the news media treats you; size of your social media following
· Validation: awards and honors earned
· Message: what you actually have to say and share
· Success: identify an accomplishment; book sale totals
· Image: your attractiveness, clothes, voice, and size
· Tribal: connecting based on race, religion, gender, sexuality, geography
· Charity: if your book sales contribute to a non-profit and good cause
· Personality: be likeable and sound interesting
· Affiliations: photo with you and a celebrity or known entity; testimonials from experts
You may think people either like a good book or they don’t, but before they can even get to a book or to discover it, they need to feel a connection to you. Take a look at what it is that you offer, personally and professionally, and then sell your best attributes and respond to how people perceive you.
Contact Brian For Marketing Help!!
Brian Feinblum, the founder of this award-winning blog, can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org He is available to help authors promote their story, sell their book, and grow their brand.
Learn, Grow, Succeed!!
Are Literary Agents – Or Authors – Full Of Crap?
The Psychology of An Author’s Book Marketing
Is Social Media A Bust Or Boon For Authors?
Here’s Why Authors Need A Dominatrix!
How Authors Can Build Their List Of Potential Book Buyers
How Much Should Authors Spend On Book Marketing?
Are You A Book Marketing Badass?
About Brian Feinblum
Brian Feinblum should be followed on Twitter @theprexpert. This is copyrighted by BookMarketingBuzzBlog ©2021. Born and raised in Brooklyn, he now resides in Westchester with his wife, two kids, and Ferris, a black lab rescue dog. His writings are often featured in The Writer and IBPA’s The Independent. This was named one of the best book marketing blogs by BookBaby http://blog.bookbaby.com/2013/09/the-best-book-marketing-blogs and recognized by Feedspot in 2018 as one of the top book marketing blogs. It was also named by WinningWriters.com as a "best resource.” He recently hosted a panel on book publicity for Book Expo America. For more information, please consult: .