- Why did it take so long for the Allies to launch an invasion in northwestern Europe?
- What caused the Allied failure to implement their beachhead breakout strategy?
- Why was Caen, a top D-Day objective, not captured by the British?
- How could Rommel’s OMAHA Beach orders have defeated the allied D-Day invasion?
- Why did Eisenhower refrain from issuing direct orders to his commanders?
- What decisions forced the Americans to fight in the bocage/hedgerow hell?
- Who issued the “phantom order” stopping Patton from closing the Falaise pocket?
- Why did Eisenhower stop Patton’s drive to outflank Germany’s West Wall?
- Why did Montgomery delay opening the vital supply port of Antwerp for nearly two months?
- How could the MARKET GARDEN/Arnhem disaster and the Battle of the Bulge been avoided?
- What decisions could the Allies have made to end the war in 1944 or early 1945?
- Memoirs, auto-biographies, biographies of the British, American, Canadian, French and German commanders.
- National official histories.
- D-Day histories issued from the 10th to the 70th anniversaries
- First person accounts by soldiers and officers.
- The published papers of the principal commanders.
- Unpublished archival documents, letters, and reports.
- Numerous articles, reports, and scholarly papers
9 things all authors must get right in every media interview
What does it really take to land on a best-seller list?