Saturday, August 3, 2019
11 Tips For Real Writers
1. Join a writers group to share ideas, leads and strategies for your craft.
2. Subscribe to publishing magazines and blogs.
3. Become a member of a literary organization.
4. Be an active member in your industry trade group.
5. Serve a community organization or volunteer at a charity to meet new people outside of your industry or publishing.
6. Network with other writers through social media, conferences and book signings.
7. Guest blog often.
8. Always have business cards to hand out and don’t be shy about it.
9. Entertain entering book awards and writing contests.
10. Always collect blurbs and testimonials – solicit them and post them on our site.
11. Don’t be afraid to toot your own horn or to speak out as an advocate. You can always write to serve your heart but you must market to serve your readers.
“Eat to live, and not live to eat.”
“Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.”
“Love as it exists in society is merely the mingling of two fantasies and the contact of two skins.”
“Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be.”
DON”T MISS THESE!!!
How authors get their book marketing mojo – and avoid failure
Authors cannot succeed without the right attitude
So what is needed to be a champion book marketer?
Should You Promote Your Book By Yourself?
The Book Marketing Strategies Of Best-Sellers
How authors can sell more books
No. 1 Book Publicity Resource: 2019 Toolkit For Authors -- FREE
Brian Feinblum’s insightful views, provocative opinions, and interesting ideas expressed in this terrific blog are his alone and not that of his employer or anyone else. You can – and should -- follow him on Twitter @theprexpert and email him at email@example.com. He feels much more important when discussed in the third-person. This is copyrighted by BookMarketingBuzzBlog ©2019. Born and raised in Brooklyn, he now resides in Westchester. His writings are often featured in The Writer and IBPA’s Independent. This was named one of the best book marketing blogs by Book Baby http://blog.bookbaby.com/2013/09/the-best-book-marketing-blogs and recognized by Feedspot in 2018 as one of the top book marketing blogs. Also named by WinningWriters.com as a "best resource.” He recently hosted a panel on book publicity for Book Expo America.