me say that no matter who is president, books are poised for steady growth, but
it appears we will have a Biden Bump in 2021. Here’s why:
1. Elections bring lots of change and with them books that discuss democracy, voting, Constitutional reform, history, and politics. Winners will taut new policies and highlight industries ignored by the prior administration. Losers like Trump will no doubt pen books. Winners, too, will have books showcasing a new America.
2. The economy will improve in 2021, making more book sales possible.
3. Commuting to work and a return to plane travel will yield more book reading and purchases.
4. A return to vacationing will yield more pool, lake, and ocean-side reading purchases.
5. People will visit with each other more often, discussing books and bringing books as gifts. Book clubs will resume action fully.
6. People are Netflixed and Zoomed out. Their eyes may turn their attention to books.
7. Biden represents the party that invests in -- and talks up -- the arts and education. Books will be embraced under a literate president — and he will invest in literacy.
8. More people will have more money to pour into self-publishing, thus more books will be published and promoted than ever before.
9. More bookstores — with expanded hours — will be open, enabling for more book sales.
10. Authors will return to the public speaking circuit to hawk their books. Sales will explode.
11. As libraries reopen for more hours and grow their capacity for visitors, they will purchase more books.
12. As schools fully re-open we will see more book sales taking place in schools.
There is a lot to be optimistic about. Of course, some things that change could impact books negatively. The pandemic forced people home and have more time to read. Book sales have been strong in 2020, fueled in part by major political book releases. For instance, Former President Barack Obama is sure to shatter a million copies this month.
There is new optimism and fear in the country, both of which are sure to sell more books. Congratulations to GoGoJoe Biden on your impressive victory, and thank you President Trump for all of the great material that you inspired people to write about.
2020 was a good year for books. 2021 looks to be even better!
Learn, Grow, Succeed!!
How Authors Should Build A Platform
How Authors Can Supersize Their Efforts – And Results!
Why Every Author Needs A Cheerleader Or Coach!
21 Guaranteed Ways To Market A Book
Why Do Authors Commit Publishing Suicide?
10 Things Authors Need For Successful DIY Book Publicity
Do Authors Take Responsibility For Book Sales?
Here’s How We Protect Free Speech On Social Media
Is Today A New Year For Authors?
How Do You Land A Book Publishing Deal?
Brian Feinblum, the founder of BookMarketingBuzzBlog, can be reached at email@example.com. His insightful views, provocative opinions, and interesting ideas expressed in this terrific blog are the product of his genius. You can – and should -- follow him on Twitter @theprexpert. He feels much more important when discussed in the third-person. This is copyrighted by BookMarketingBuzzBlog ©2020. Born and raised in Brooklyn, he now resides in Westchester with his wife, two kids, and Ferris, a black lab rescue dog. His writings are often featured in The Writer and IBPA’s The Independent. This was named one of the best book marketing blogs by BookBaby
http://blog.bookbaby.com/2013/09/the-best-book-marketing-blogs and recognized by Feedspot in 2018 as one of the top book marketing blogs. Also named by WinningWriters.com as a "best resource.” He recently hosted a panel on book publicity for Book Expo.