Things move quickly in the digital innovation space, and for book publishing there are plenty of good websites featuring services, marketplaces, information, and products that can serve the book world well. Let’s explore a bit.
1. Wattpad-- strong fan fiction reader community. Authors can test out of serialize their writings here.
2. The Millions – an online magazine covering books, art, and culture.
3. BookBistro – for book lovers who like author interviews and reviews.
4. BookMarks – has book reviews of the latest big books.
5. ElectricLit -- provides rankings and recommendations of various genres and literary works.
6. InternetArchive -- reaches the archives of public libraries and museums around the world.
7. Wonderbly -- helps you produce personalized books of your children.
8. Bookclub -- is a micro-learning site that involves books.
9. Chatbooks -- produce printed photo albums and other content in book form.
10. RadishFiction -- is a new mobile app for serialized fiction.
11. Parlego -- is a monthly subscription service with access to over 1,000,000 digital textbooks.
12. Blurb --produce printed photo albums and other content in book form.
13. Literati – provides a book-box-of-the-month club for children.
14. Inkitt -- strong fan fiction reader community. Authors can test out of serialize their writings here..
15. GoodReads – offers reviews, giveaways, and recommended lists of books.
16. Alibris – sells a zillion new and used books, including rare ones.
17. BookFinder – generates book price comparisons and searches inventories of 100,000 booksellers.
18. IndieBookStoreFinder – searches for indie bookstores by zip code, name, city, or distance.
19. Blinkist --provides insights from over 5,500 best-selling non-fiction books.
20. RedShelf – buys and sells e-books, textbooks, academic materials, magazines, and other digital content.
21. WhatShouldIReadNext – helps you pick books to read based on your preferences and reading history.
22. BetterWorldBooks – is a socially responsible bookstore with cheap new and used books.
"IN EVERY PERSON FROM THE CRADLE TO THE GRAVE, THERE IS A DEEP CRAVING TO BE APPRECIATED."
"WHAT LIES BEHIND US AND WHAT LIES BEFORE US ARE TINY MATTERS COMPARED TO WHAT LIES WITHIN US."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson
"THINGS TURN OUT BEST FOR THE PEOPLE WHO MAKE THE BEST OF THE WAY THINGS TURN OUT."
- John Wooden
"THE GREATEST GAP IN LIFE IS THE ONE BETWEEN KNOWING AND DOING."
"One today is worth two tomorrows; what I am to be, I am now becoming.”
Need Book Marketing Help?
Brian Feinblum, the founder of this award-winning blog, can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org He is available to help authors promote their story, sell their book, and grow their brand. He has over 30 years of experience in successfully helping thousands of authors in all genres. Let him be your advocate, teacher, and motivator!
17 Ways Authors Always Succeed
Do You Write Books For Today’s Market?
11 Things Authors Must Do
Does Lying Pay-Off For Authors?
What Does Barnes & Noble’s Expansion Mean For Authors & Bookstores?
Are Authors Asking, Offering, Or Demanding What They Want?
What Is Your Foundational Book Marketing Belief?
Are You In Control Of Your Writing Success?
7 Steps To Authors Breaking Through
47 Ways Authors Can Promote Books
About Brian Feinblum
Brian Feinblum should be followed on Twitter @theprexpert. This is copyrighted by BookMarketingBuzzBlog ©2023. Born and raised in Brooklyn, he now resides in Westchester with his wife, two kids, and Ferris, a black lab rescue dog. His writings are often featured in The Writer and IBPA’s The Independent. This award-winning blog has generated over 3.2 million pageviews. With 4,400+ posts over the past dozen years, it was named one of the best book marketing blogs by BookBaby http://blog.bookbaby.com/2013/09/the-best-book-marketing-blogs and recognized by Feedspot in 2021 and 2018 as one of the top book marketing blogs. It was also named by www.WinningWriters.com as a "best resource.” For the past three decades, including 21 years as the head of marketing for the nation’s largest book publicity firm, and two jobs at two independent presses, Brian has worked with many first-time, self-published, authors of all genres, right along with best-selling authors and celebrities such as: Dr. Ruth, Mark Victor Hansen, Joseph Finder, Katherine Spurway, Neil Rackham, Harvey Mackay, Ken Blanchard, Stephen Covey, Warren Adler, Cindy Adams, Todd Duncan, Susan RoAne, John C. Maxwell, Jeff Foxworthy, Seth Godin, and Henry Winkler. He recently hosted a panel on book publicity for Book Expo America, and has spoken at ASJA, Independent Book Publishers Association Sarah Lawrence College, Nonfiction Writers Association, Cape Cod Writers Association, Willamette (Portland) Writers Association, APEX, and Connecticut Authors and Publishers Association. His letters-to-the-editor have been published in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, New York Post, NY Daily News, Newsday, The Journal News (Westchester) and The Washington Post. He has been featured in The Sun Sentinel and Miami Herald. For more information, please consult: www.linkedin.com/in/brianfeinblum.