- They could self-publish and pay for it.
- They can hire a book marketer.
- They can pay for advertising
- They can get book reviews or some media coverage in a pay-for-play manner.
- They can pay people to buy their books and hit a best-seller list.
Of course, some will help you with no expectation of anything in return. They like you or consider you a friend or they believe in your book or message. But many people in key positions will not be so altruistic or even have you on their radar unless you can show you bring value to them.
You can beg, barter, or buy anything to help your cause.
Will you give something in a way to get something in return/?
Here are a few common practices:
- Give out books and hope people post positive reviews or click on your site so they could be sold something else.
- Make a trade -- give free seminars or consultations and hope to get others to do something for you, such as share your message with their list of connections.
- Offer to cross-promote others.
- Market their book, product, or service -- and they do the same for you.