So, certainly, from an ethical standpoint, no question: full steam ahead. In times of war, recession, or terrorism, books have always continued to be published and these times, as trying and unique as they are, should allow and encourage the continued free flow of the written arts.
- Do you want to serve your ego?
- Are you looking to help people -- to educate, enlighten, entertain or inspire others?
- Are you purely focused on book sales?
- Is the book a lead-in to get people to your web site to build up traffic and a network of followers?
- Is the book being used -- along with PR -- to serve as lead generation to a funnel that sells courses, other books, content, consulting packages, or other materials and services?