Baby Boomer Bonding:
Luxurious and Meaningful Lifestyle without Breaking the Bank
Black Card Books
1. What inspired you to write this book? I was inspired to write the book for two reasons; first, I was about to retire from a 30 year career as a technology executive and I started thinking that retirement needs to be a new adventure versus an end to my career. I believe that retirement is the biggest transition of ones life and it can be the most exciting time of ones life if you look at it in that way. In my view you can finally do what you want to do versus have your parents, teachers, bosses, clients, kids telling you what your role is. Second, many people who are about to retire are very concerned that they will no longer be relevant and I wanted to share some strategies on ways to remain relevant which helps seniors stay motivated and fulfilled. Living in this way help people to live longer. I have a desire to live until I am 100 so I look for ways to help me achieve my goal. Finally, I wanted to share with people alternative life styles that can be created that helps people avoid isolation and motivates them to keep active. I have created a shared living environment called the Marigold Mansion where people 55+ come together to live as a family in a beautiful heritage mansion.
2. Who should read it — and why? I believe anyone who is interested in a more purposeful life would get something out of the book however, my target audience is woman and men who are 55+ who were professionals and are either thinking about retirement or who are retired and looking to create a more meaningful life in retirement.
3. How is it better or different from others in its genre? The book is different in that it not only tells you how to set yourself up in the right environment for a purposeful retirement it also shares a step by step reinvention process. Baby Boomer Bonding introduces my audience to a new way of looking at retirement living and ageing and opens your eyes to a different lifestyle that could extend your independence for years. Significant health and financial benefits are outlined to show my audience not only how to stretch their years of productive life but also how to stretch their budget so they are able to do more with less.
4. What challenges did you overcome to write your book? I have a great publisher who motivated me every step of the way however, just after I started writing the book I was diagnosed with lung cancer so I went through that as I was working on the book. My health issues delayed me finishing the book but the book motivated me to be strong and get through the surgery and treatments.
5. What lasting messages do you hope your readers are left after consuming your book?
Retirement only means it is time for a new adventure and you can find new relevance after you retire. Finally, this can be the best time of your life if you chose to make it so.
6. What advice do you have for struggling writers? Show up even when you don't feel like it; the muse will show up if you do. Second, it doesn't have to be perfect; there is really no such thing as being perfect so don't let the thought of it oppress you.
7. Where do you see the book publishing industry heading? a. Bookstores will become fewer as Amazon grows. b. Publishers will have to diversify to stay afloat. c. The shift from print to digital will continue to disrupt publishers’ bottom line making it necessary for them to diversify. The most successful publishers will be those who are able to structure their businesses in a way that enables them to take full advantage of both.
For more information, please see: http://babyboomerbondingbook.com/
DON”T MISS THESE!!
How Authors Get Bulk Sales Now
A podcast on book publicity that you need to listen to today
How Authors Can Market To Libraries Successfully
Unfu*k Your Book marketing
How Authors Get A Yes Out Of Others
Some key principles to rally your book marketing around
How to write powerful, effective book advertising copy that sells tons of books
So what is needed to be a champion book marketer?
The Book Marketing Strategies Of Best-Sellers
How authors can sell more books
No. 1 Book Publicity Resource: 2019 Toolkit For Authors -- FREE
Brian Feinblum’s insightful views, provocative opinions, and interesting ideas expressed in this terrific blog are his alone and not that of his employer or anyone else. You can – and should -- follow him on Twitter @theprexpert and email him at email@example.com. He feels much more important when discussed in the third-person. This is copyrighted by BookMarketingBuzzBlog ©2019. Born and raised in Brooklyn, he now resides in Westchester. His writings are often featured in The Writer and IBPA’s Independent. This was named one of the best book marketing blogs by Book Baby http://blog.bookbaby.com/2013/09/the-best-book-marketing-blogs and recognized by Feedspot in 2018 as one of the top book marketing blogs. Also named by WinningWriters.com as a "best resource.” He recently hosted a panel on book publicity for Book Expo America.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.