Thursday, April 18, 2019
Some Guiding Book Marketing Principles
· Take a big market and break it up into smaller ones and tackle each one.
· Always look ahead three to six months so you can plan accordingly.
· Do what you really enjoy but don’t forget to also do what is needed.
· Know that you always have options and choices – there is no one way to do anything.
· Be optimistic in your heart, but cautious in your actions.
· Prioritize your goals, your day’s activities, your marketing efforts.
· Don’t labor too long over a decision – use it or lose it.
· Follow through on your ideas and plans.
· Realize that you operate on some faulty beliefs or truths, so be prepared to change them.
· Dream big but always take care of the basics first.
· Keep an open mind on new marketing approaches.
· Know your weaknesses -- don’t ignore them; get help.
· Research things so you have enough information to act appropriately.
· Sometimes you need to reach beyond your comfort zone and take a chance.
· You will need more time to do whatever you plan on doing, so start early.
· Have a Plan B and C and D.
· At some point you need to change direction.
· Set a budget of time, resources, and money that you will devote to marketing.
· Let a professional help you but always contribute to your marketing efforts.
· Not every day will be a success and not every day will be a failure – strive for consistency amidst the highs and lows.
· Stay informed – there is a new marketing tool or service being created every day
· Look to add value to the person you are marketing to.
· Always work with a sense of urgency, but never panic.
· Do what matters most first.
· Always test the waters before diving in.
· Seek out opinions from those you value and trust – they have a different perspective that could serve you well.
· Invest in people and relationships.
· The key to sales is to get other people to sell for you.
DON”T MISS THESE!!!
Some key principles to rally your book marketing around
How to write powerful, effective book advertising copy that sells tons of books
So what is needed to be a champion book marketer?
The Book Marketing Strategies Of Best-Sellers
How authors can sell more books
No. 1 Book Publicity Resource: 2019 Toolkit For Authors -- FREE