Wednesday, May 15, 2019
7 Factors To Marketing Your Book
1. Energy -- Everyone has their style of communicating and one cannot change their personality much, but we can all come out with a higher energy level. Take effort to get proper rest, diet, exercise or medication to make sure you come across as alive and alert.
2. Enthusiasm -- Similar to your energy, come across as positive, optimistic, and excited to be where you are to present whatever you have to say. Express gratitude and appreciation, smile, and have pep in your step.
3. Humor/Wit -- Everyone loves to laugh. You don’t have to give one-liners and be a comedian, but it always lightens things up when you can show an understanding of an issue with humor. Don’t assume they will laugh at sensitive issues regarding race, religion, politics, sex, etc. but you can be playful about your book topic.
4. Vocabulary -- You need to speak at a level people understand but also at a higher level to display you are intelligent and know your stuff. Use industry jargon where it is relevant, not just to come off as a know-it-all.
5. Curiosity -- Ask questions and express your concerns for others. Let them know that you are striving to know more and to grow in a way they can identify with. People want to feel you have comprehensive knowledge on a subject area but they don’t want you to come off as perfect or as presenting the one and only way to do something.
6. Paint A Visual -- People learn in different ways. For some, you need to paint a picture. Set the scenario for them so that in their minds they can see what you speak of. In other cases, you will have to display a visual – whether on a board, a screen or with a handout so they can fully appreciate what you are talking about.
7. Research Tips -- One of the ways to generate a winning marketing strategy rests in your ability to generate good research results. Your ability to find the people and groups that you want to market to, identifying the right contact information, and to learn what you need to know about them, will dictate your success.
DON”T MISS THESE!!!
How Authors Get Bulk Sales Now
Some key principles to rally your book marketing around
How to write powerful, effective book advertising copy that sells tons of books
So what is needed to be a champion book marketer?
The Book Marketing Strategies Of Best-Sellers
How authors can sell more books
No. 1 Book Publicity Resource: 2019 Toolkit For Authors -- FREE
Brian Feinblum’s insightful views, provocative opinions, and interesting ideas expressed in this terrific blog are his alone and not that of his employer or anyone else. You can – and should -- follow him on Twitter @theprexpert and email him at email@example.com. He feels much more important when discussed in the third-person. This is copyrighted by BookMarketingBuzzBlog ©2019. Born and raised in Brooklyn, he now resides in Westchester. His writings are often featured in The Writer and IBPA’s Independent. This was named one of the best book marketing blogs by Book Baby http://blog.bookbaby.com/2013/09/the-best-book-marketing-blogs and recognized by Feedspot in 2018 as one of the top book marketing blogs. Also named by WinningWriters.com as a "best resource.” He recently hosted a panel on book publicity for Book Expo America.