1. What motivated you to write your book, to force you from taking an idea or experience and turning it into this book? This is my 5th book and writing is a natural expression of who I am. First, I love to write and have wanted to be a writer since I was five-years old. Second, I have been coaching midlife women for over a decade and transformed my own life using my signature system so I had lots of great material to share. Third, as a coach I can only work with a few women and I wanted to share my message of midlife transformation and empowerment with a larger audience.
2. What is it about and who is it for? The book is about how to transform at midlife. It is a roadmap that will readers discover and become the women they want to be as fast as possible… without confusion, frustration, and discouragement. Inspirational, motivational, and action-oriented, the book busts outdated concepts of midlife and prickly, crisis-driven, over-the-hill life plans. The book challenges everything we’ve been told about getting old and provides proven solutions to make midlife the best time of life. The step-by-step guide will enable readers to envision the life they want, shift their vibe so you can attract that life, and take action to make their dreams a reality. The book is for midlife women who are feeling stuck and want the energy, confidence, and clarity to make your next chapter your best chapter. It’s for readers who want the keys to unlock the life-changing power within and create a vibrant second adulthood.
3. What takeaways might the reader will be left with after reading it? The major takeaway is that you can transform at midlife and create a wonderful second adulthood. Readers will leave knowing the seven steps to transform – know yourself, love yourself, energize yourself, reprogram your brain, empower yourself, rehab your relationships, and enlighten yourself. They will realize that they can start where they are and choose to work on any of the steps. They will have a transformational template and a 7-Day Plan to jumpstart their progress.
4. How did you decide on your book’s title and cover design? I began using the title several years ago for a summit that I held. I choose it because I wanted a title that was the antithesis of midlife crisis. The cover was a challenge. Initially I wanted something abstract, but the initial cover designs weren’t working. On the suggestion of my book coach I decided to do a cover contest via 99designs. I got a lot of ideas, but liked the simplicity of this one which spotlights the title which is strong. I added the dandelion image because I use the plant as a new metaphor for midlife throughout the book.
5. What advice or words of wisdom do you have for fellow writers? Stop procrastinating. If you’ve received a creative download for a book go for it! The world needs your wisdom and the writing process will transform you. Additionally, create a writing schedule and stick to it. If you need help get a coach or join a writer’s group.
6. What trends in the book world do you see -- and where do you think the book publishing industry is heading? Self-publishing has become a very viable and acceptable option. Anyone and everyone can write a book now which is terrific – more diversity, quantity, and quality. Audio books are also expanding and due to the Pandemic people want books that help them to escape via engaging reads. Authors are also engaging with readers through social media and virtually rather than traditional face-to-face readings.
7. What challenges did you overcome to write this book? FEAR. The book does contain some memoir, and it was scary to write about personal topics like divorce, depression, menopause, and a health crisis. (I went blind 3 times due to a retinal detachment.) This is the first time I’ve self-published solo and there were many moving parts and challenges – from finishing the book to finding good designers – to launch the book.
8. How would you describe your writing style? Entertaining, accessible, actionable, and educational.
9. If people can buy or read one book this week or month, why should it be yours? The book will give you the courage, confidence, knowledge, and motivation to change your life. You only get one chance to be who you are and the book will help you make the most of your one precious life. Plus, I have more degrees than a thermometer, so you will be getting cutting edge information from a psychologist, nutritionist, and wellness coach with over 25 years of experience helping women thrive.
About The Author: Dr. Ellen is a Psychologist, Registered Dietitian, National Board Certified Health and Wellness Coach, Reiki Master, and Mindful Self-compassion Teacher. Known as The Midlife Whisperer™, she helps women raise their vibration so they have the energy, confidence, and clarity to make their next chapter their best chapter. An author, inspirational speaker and expert on women’s wellbeing, Dr. Ellen has appeared on Extra, the Food Network and NBC World News and has been quoted in Psychology Today, Eating Well and USA Today. She has written five books and articles for SELF, Better Homes & Gardens and Good Housekeeping. For more information, please consult: https://drellenalbertson.com.
Please Contact Me For Help
Brian Feinblum, the founder of this award-winning blog, can be reached at email@example.com He is available to help authors promote their story, sell their book, and grow their brand. He has 30 years of experience in successfully helping thousands of authors in all genres.
Happy Holidays! A gift for you!
Free 2022 Bestselling Book Marketing & PR E-Book For Writers
The Most Popular Author Interviews of the Year! Learn What 32 Writers Say About Book Publishing – and Their Books.
Book Publishing Predictions & Trends For 2022
Authors, Do You Create Videos Like This?
How To Advertise Your Book Successfully
Just What Does It Take To Sell Books?
What Are The Best & Worst Cities For Book Lovers?
How Authors should Promote Shamelessly
About Brian Feinblum
Brian Feinblum should be followed on Twitter @theprexpert. This is copyrighted by BookMarketingBuzzBlog ©2021. Born and raised in Brooklyn, he now resides in Westchester with his wife, two kids, and Ferris, a black lab rescue dog. His writings are often featured in The Writer and IBPA’s The Independent. This was named one of the best book marketing blogs by BookBaby http://blog.bookbaby.com/2013/09/the-best-book-marketing-blogs and recognized by Feedspot in 2018 as one of the top book marketing blogs. It was also named by WinningWriters.com as a "best resource.” He recently hosted a panel on book publicity for Book Expo America. For more information, please consult: linkedin.com/in/brianfeinblum.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.