I make a living doing what many authors can’t or won’t do when it comes to marketing their brand and promoting their books. I have no incentive to tell you that you can do a lot more to help yourself, but hey, that is just the kind of guy I am. But the question for you to answer is:
Do you have what it takes to promote a book?
Well, let’s first see what is needed. Then you can determine if you bring what is needed to the table. Here are the 10 things you need to explore:
1. Do you have time to promote a book? From five minutes to five hours per day, there are things you can, need to, and should do. How is your schedule looking?
2. Do you have a budget for marketing yourself? From hundreds to tens of thousands of dollars, there are endless ways to spend money on promotions and marketing. Do you have a few bucks in your wallet to give you a boost?
3. Have you set goals? Know what you want, shoot for it, and keep raising the bar.
4. Did you draft a book marketing plan? You need a roadmap every day to know what needs to be done in order to get wherever you want to go. Be organized, disciplines, detail-oriented, and focused.
5. Do you feel confident and optimistic, not only about your book, but in your ability to out there and promote to the best of your capabilities?
6. Can you be assertive, even aggressive? Shy, conservative, even respectful and polite people do not succeed at this. Can you get out there and push, never take no for an answer, and reach beyond your means?
7. Do you have an opportunistic mindset? Are you always seeing how to exploit a situation or relationship to turn a moment into a goldmine opportunity?
8. Do you really believe your book is very good? Look deep inside yourself – and at your book and other books. Are you the real deal? Is your book really any good?
9. Will you take time to research, read, and learn about book marketing and publicity?
10. Do you understand book marketing takes time, money, luck, collaboration, and sacrifice – and sometimes you still won’t succeed? Do you also understand you need to be relentless, persevering, and hungry for success – that you can never give up?
Be honest with yourself. But after assessing, analyzing, and internally debating, close ranks, and rally behind your work. Get out there and get the readers your book deserves. Well, what are you waiting for?
Need Book PR Help?
Brian Feinblum, the founder of this award-winning blog, can be reached at email@example.com He is available to help authors promote their story, sell their book, and grow their brand. He has 30 years of experience in helping thousands of authors in all genres.
Catch Up With These Posts
The 51-49 Book Marketing Solution
Guaranteed: Authors Who Do This One Thing Shall Succeed
How Do Authors Think Their Way to Better Book Marketing?
Will You Take The 30-Day Book Marketing Challenge?
The Author As Entrepreneur: 17 Tips/Resources
Top 100 Book PR Blog Posts
How Do Authors Recharge A Stalled Book Marketing Campaign?
How Should Authors Spend Their Book Marketing Dollars?
About Brian Feinblum
Brian Feinblum should be followed on Twitter @theprexpert. This is copyrighted by BookMarketingBuzzBlog ©2021. Born and raised in Brooklyn, he now resides in Westchester with his wife, two kids, and Ferris, a black lab rescue dog. His writings are often featured in The Writer and IBPA’s The Independent. This was named one of the best book marketing blogs by BookBaby http://blog.bookbaby.com/2013/09/the-best-book-marketing-blogs and recognized by Feedspot in 2018 as one of the top book marketing blogs. It was also named by WinningWriters.com as a "best resource.” He recently hosted a panel on book publicity for Book Expo America. For more information, please consult: .